Monday, April 30, 2012

Looking into the Face of God

We welcomed a new grandson into our family in the wee small hours of Saturday.    He is perfect in every way.  We are already happily dreaming of our future with him:   horses, four-wheelers, bb guns...

As my eyes have been staring wondrously into the face of that sweet baby, my thoughts have drifted heavenward.  From the first moment I saw our grandson, I saw God.  "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."  Genesis 1:27.  

 I examined his tiny ears, slender fingers, and gossamer eyebrows, remembering David's words, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  Psalm 139:14

Tonight I opened my Bible to Psalm 139 and read it again.  The words are all the sweeter now when I see them through these grandmother eyes.  How amazing that our omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent God made us, knows us, and loves us.   He is indeed worthy of praise.

 

Fearfully and wonderfully made


No comments:

Post a Comment