Sunday, April 1, 2012

Visiting a New Church





We visited a small town church today.  
The service was traditional and quaint: songs from the hymnal, Scriptures in King James Version, personal greetings from the pastor and his wife, a strong message on staying firm in the faith--relying on the Lord's help alone.

I sometimes have trouble stepping out among strangers--> I revert back to my shy 6 year old self.  

I found myself looking around at the other ladies and comparing myself to them.  Did I have on too much make-up?  Was my knee-length dress too short?  Am I the only one who colors her hair?  Is my singing ok?

I felt the Lord nudge:  it's not about what others think of me that matters...it's what HE thinks of me that matters.

He tugged more firmly on my heart.
Am I following Him?  Do I desire to know Him more and more?  Are His Kingdom and His righteousness first on my agenda?  Am I willing to serve the body?  Is Christ on the throne of my heart?

My answers to these were:  Yes, Lord.

Whose praise am I seeking anyway?

**HIS**

He wanted me there ... in a little church ... worshiping with fellow believers ... being a part of the body of Christ ...  encouraging and being encouraged.


Thank you, Lord, for making me a new creation.  Thank you for loving me just as I am.  Thank you for seeing something in me worth saving.  Thank you for giving me the confidence to worship with folks I don't know but who love You as I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment