Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where He Leads

I've been thinking about Abraham's story today.  He was called by God to leave his homeland, his people, and his close relations and go to a place that, at the time, had not yet been revealed to him.  


Step out....in faith.

How did he even know in what direction to move?

You may read this and think, "what's the big deal?"

Comfort and security reside in the familiar.  The unknown is disconcerting.

I come from a farming background - from people whose roots are settled deep into the soil.  The land became part of the identity of my people, like eye and hair and skin color.  

I have jokingly said that dirt is in my veins.  My farm-girl upbringing will forever be part of my identity.

When I became a Christ follower, the Holy Spirit took up residence in my body.  That's forever the strongest part of my identity.

Dirt is in my veins & the Holy Spirit is in my body.

I'm Ok with that.

If we, like Abraham, are called to leave all that's familiar, will we obey?  Yes.  Maybe we will be led to a place where we will be more useful to God.

The familiar holds comfort and security....but so does God -- in greater measure.

Where He leads I will follow.

Cattle in Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment