Friday, January 20, 2012

Thoughts on a Snowy Day



Every time I study the book of Acts, I am amazed at the power of God's word... in the early church and today.



The toward the end of his speech to the Sanhedrin (Acts 7) Stephen says,

Stephen before the Sanhedrin





“You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!" Acts 7:51









The dozens of times I've read this before I've pictured myself behind Stephen facing the council members nodding my head and sneering, "Yeah!  What he just said!"  But today I see myself before Stephen hearing these scathing words aiming right at me.

Why did this verse seize me today?  I don't know.  
So I pray
And wait
And listen
In the quiet of the snowfall.


Lord, am I resisting something your Holy Spirit is trying to do in me?  Am I virtually covering my ears and yelling at the top of my voice to drown out what You're saying to me?
Lord, my way is always wrong.  Show me Your way.  
Speak, for Your servant is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment