Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Tools I Keep Forgetting

I have scads of tools.

I use them every day for nearly every task......  
Most are easy to operate...
Some require consulting a manual; 
a few require practice in order to become proficient at using them.



This week I'm really aware of all the tools I use

...and those I should use...


In my imagination I can see a toolbox,
a toolbox filled with tools I often forget I have...

like all the
Spiritual tools :
Those tools provided by God for my use.


Look at the tools I have....

Holy Spirit
Faith
God's power
Wisdom
The mind of Christ
The Bible
The revelation of God's plan
Spiritual truths
Spiritual words
Strength
Grace

There are many more...and you have them, too.



Like I said, I forget that I have them....worse, once I remember them, I realize that I don't know how to use them...or that I'm shamefully out of practice...or I've already made the mess.





There have been too many days when my life is figuratively 
like walking up a snow-covered hill
 ...wearing slick-bottomed boots.



{I slip, I slide backwards, I fall}
{I stumble over my immaturity, I trip over my worldliness}







What I often have trouble remembering is that 
HE has provided EVERY tool I need.
Tools to keep me in balance,
 tools to secure my foothold,
 tools to make the walk more effective.
What's more, HIS toolbox is not heavy or cumbersome.





I have the tools!!  
I have the mind of Christ.
  I have power through the Holy Spirit to act maturely
-not as a mere woman-
and the power to act spiritually, guided by the Spirit.

My Short Prayer:

Lord, show me  +all over again+  the tools you have given me.
Help me as I practice with them until I'm proficient.
Amen










No comments:

Post a Comment