Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring at My Farmhouse

It stormed last night:  thunder, lightning, hail, pouring rain.  This morning by contrast is peaceful.  I just finished all the feeding.  As I walked through the orchard to the dog kennels, I noticed my apple, cherry, and pear trees are just beginning to bloom.  This is the 12th year of my orchard's existence and yet I'm still excited each spring to see the blossoms bursting forth.  Spring is a rebirth, a renewal; like my life everyday in Christ.

Each morning is a renewal, a chance to offer anew all my energy and resources to God for His use.  My goal is to lay aside all my own desires and allow His to manifest themselves through me.  I don't always succeed fully.  I'm an overachiever by nature and have my day's agenda pretty well mapped out by the time the first swig of coffee goes down.  God is teaching me to be flexible with my time:  He may have other plans for my day.

Today I am making a conscious effort to offer my body as a living sacrifice to Him.  Your plans, Lord; not mine.

Sweet cherry in bloom.
  The orchard in Spring is picture of rebirth and renewal


No comments:

Post a Comment